Colonial Pipeline Company commits to conduct its business with practices that protect the environment and the public at all times. All employees are responsible for implementing the following environmental commitments:
Colonial Pipeline Company will:
- Consistently operate in an environmentally responsible manner and will strive to meet or exceed all applicable environmental laws and regulations. We will monitor our performance and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Consider environmental implications when planning new projects and operating procedures.
- Actively participate in the development of relevant laws, regulations, and permits to encourage decisions based on sound science and effective technology.
- Pursue technically appropriate and cost-effective strategies for remediation of contaminated sites.
- Maintain a state of readiness for effective oil spill response to minimize potential threats to public safety and environmental damage.
- Minimize waste generation through source reduction and recycling. All wastes will be handled using safe and responsible methods in accordance with applicable standards.
- Employ pollution prevention measures to minimize adverse environmental impacts of our operations.
- Provide appropriate training for our employees to ensure they have the required knowledge and skills to meet our environmental responsibilities.
- Promote open dialog with regulatory agencies and communities on our environmental program and seek cooperative solutions to environmental issues.
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental performance by setting challenging goals and actively monitoring our progress to accomplish them.
Colonial believes that these commitments provide the cornerstones for responsible environmental stewardship and we pledge to follow them.
Additionally, Colonial is committed to environmental stewardship and partnering with conservation and environmental groups in host community. Through charitable donations and employee volunteer hours, the Colonial team is committed to operating in an environmentally sound and responsible manner.