This Policy is divided into sections for the convenience of the reader. If you would like to jump to a particular section, follow the links below:
- What types of information are collected through this site?
- What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
- How is my information used?
- What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website?
- Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website?
- How may personal information collected through this website be disclosed?
- Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the site?
- Does your site contain links to other websites or social media platforms?
- If I am using the site from outside the United States will information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
- How do you comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
- How will changes to this Policy be communicated?
- Who can I contact with questions regarding this Policy?
What types of information are collected through this site?
We may collect information from you if you visit our site depending upon the features you use. We may collect personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, or other identifiers about you or other information that you may provide in the course of completing a form or transaction on our site.
In addition, we may collect information about the browser and/or device that you are using to access our website (such as the type of browser or device you are using, browser settings, and the device identification number). Device information may or may not be personally identifiable depending upon whether it is linked to the identity of the user.
We may automatically log information, such as a user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or to administer and protect our websites. We may collect statistical or non-personally-identifiable information about our users, such as which pages are visited, how long a visitor stays on a particular page, the website from which a user came to our site, or similar such information. We also may collect aggregate information such as the total number of unique or return visitors to our site, using our application, or visiting a particular page in a given timeframe. We may use this information to measure the use of our sites and applications and to improve our content. We may use Google Analytics, a third party provider of analytics tools or a similar third party service to analyze information about visits to our website. For information about opting out of Google Analytics please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
Some Internet browsers have begun to offer what often is referred to as “do not track” mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. Our site(s) do not currently respond to do-not-track-signals. We may revisit the issue in the future. In the meantime, you can exercise other choices available to you, including limiting the placement of browser cookies on your device using your browser’s cookie control features and other choices described in this Policy.
How is my information used?
We may use the information we collect through our sites for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, including responding to requests for information or to facilitate transactions, donations, or communications that you may request;
- To improve and administer our websites;
- To better understand the needs of the users of our sites and create content that is relevant to the user;
- For marketing and research purposes, to generate statistics and de-identified data, and to personalize content for the user;
- If you submit a resume to us seeking a position with Colonial we may use that information in the course of considering you for a position; or
- To comply with law and legal process.
What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website?
You have a number of choices regarding our collection and use of information through our websites:
- In cases where you are requested to affirmatively provide information, such as to complete a form, or an application, or a survey on our website, you may decline to do so. Please understand, however, that in some cases certain information is required to complete an application, form or survey, and if you decline to provide the information requested you may not be able to submit the application or request or to use certain functionalities of our websites.
- If you would like to restrict our placement of cookies on your device, please see “What Choices Do I Have About the Placement of Cookies on My Device?” above.
- If you would prefer not to receive e‑mail solicitation messages from us, please use the opt-out instructions included in the email message to opt-out of additional communications.
- You may be given additional choices in the context of particular preferences, tools, or functions that we make available through our websites.
Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website?
Yes. You can access personal information that you submitted to us through our sites either by using mechanisms available through the site or contacting us. We require that an individual provide reasonable validation of his or her identity before we provide access to personal information we maintain.
Exceptions to access and correction rights may include:
- Where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question;
- Where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated; or
- With respect to individual requests for the correction or deletion of information, in cases where we are otherwise legally required to retain the personal information.
If you believe that you submitted inaccurate information to us through a form on our website, you can submit an updated request through the website with updated information. To request access to or correction of information (where you are unable to submit corrected information through our website) please send your request to [email protected].
How may personal information collected through this website be disclosed?
- We may disclose information with your consent or as otherwise necessary or appropriate to process a transaction that you may request.
- We may disclose information that we collect through our websites with agents, affiliated businesses, and service providers providing services on our behalf.
- In the event that our company or some of our assets are sold or transferred or used as security or to the extent we engage in business negotiations with our business partners, the information collected on our websites, including this site, may be transferred or shared with third parties as part of that transaction or negotiation.
- If we receive a request from law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individuals, we may provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose your personal information without a court order.
- We may use information you submit to investigate security breaches, misconduct, or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- We may disclose information submitted through our website if we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to protect individuals or property, including disclosures for pipeline safety issues.
Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the site?
Colonial takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation, and destruction.
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user ID and password or other access credentials that you may be provided. You should notify us immediately at [email protected] if any user ID and password or other access credentials we may issue you are compromised.
If I am using the site from outside the United States will information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
This site is designed primarily for users from the United States. By using this site, users from other countries consent to the transfer of any personal or other information collected to the United States and housed on servers in the United States and your information will be subject to use and disclosure in accordance with this Policy and applicable United States federal, state, and local law.
How do you comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
COPPA regulates the collection of personal information online from children under the age of 13. This site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13 or to collect personal information from such users. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and those under 13 should not submit any personal information through this site. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 we will remove the information from our files.
How will changes to this Policy be communicated?