Website Privacy Notice
Colonial Pipeline Company (“Colonial,” “we,” or “our”) respects the privacy of your personal information. This Website Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) applies to the online collection of information by Colonial through colpipe.com, colonial-hse.com, and other websites that link to, or adopt, this Notice.
This Notice is divided into sections for the convenience of the reader. If you would like to jump to a particular section, follow the links below:
- What types of information are collected through this website?
- What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
- How is my information used?
- What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website?
- Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website?
- How may personal information collected through this website be disclosed?
- Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the website?
- Does your website contain links to other websites or social media platforms?
- If I am using the website from outside the United States, will information collected through the website be transferred to the United States?
- How do you comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
- How will changes to this Notice be communicated?
- Who can I contact with questions regarding this Notice?
What types of information are collected through this website?
We may collect information from you when you visit our website depending upon the features you use. We may collect personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, or other identifiers about you or other information that you may provide in the course of completing a form or transaction on our website.
In addition, we may collect information about the browser and/or device that you are using to access our website (such as the type of browser or device you are using, browser settings, and the device identification number). Device information may or may not be personally identifiable depending upon whether it is linked to the identity of the user.
We may automatically log information, such as a user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or to administer and protect our websites. We may collect statistical or non-personally identifiable information about our users, such as which pages are visited, how long a visitor stays on a particular page, the website from which a user came to our website, or similar information. We also may collect aggregate information such as the total number visitors who are unique or returning to our site; who are using our application(s); or who are visiting a particular page in a given timeframe. We may use this information to measure the use of our websites and applications and to improve our content. We may use Google Analytics, a third-party provider of analytics tools, or a similar third-party service, to analyze information about visits to our website. For information about opting out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
Some Internet browsers have begun to offer what often is referred to as “do not track” mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. Our websites do not currently respond to do-not-track-signals. In the meantime, you can exercise other choices available to you, including limiting the placement of browser cookies on your device using your browser’s cookie control features and other choices described in this Notice.
How is my information used?
We may use the information we collect through our websites for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you, including responding to requests for information or to facilitate transactions, donations, or communications;
- To improve and administer our websites;
- To better understand the needs of the users of our websites and create content that is relevant to the user;
- For marketing and research purposes, to generate statistics and de-identified data, and to personalize content for the user;
- If you submit a resume to us seeking a position with Colonial, we may use that information in the course of considering you for a position; or
- To comply with law and legal process.
What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information that I provide to you through your website?
You have a number of choices regarding our collection and use of information through our websites:
- In cases where you are requested to affirmatively provide information (such as to complete a form, an application, or a survey on our website), you may decline to do so. However, in some cases, certain information is required to complete an application, form, or survey. If you decline to provide the information requested, you may not be able to submit the application or request or to use certain functionalities of our websites.
- If you would like to restrict our placement of cookies on your device, please see “What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?” above.
- If you would prefer not to receive e‑mail messages from us, please use the opt-out instructions included in the email message to opt-out of additional communications.
- You may be given additional choices in the context of particular preferences, tools, or functions that we make available through our websites.
Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website?
Yes. You can access personal information that you submitted to us through our websites by using mechanisms available through the website to contact us. We require that an individual provide reasonable validation of his or her identity before we provide access to personal information we maintain.
Exceptions to access and correction rights may include:
- Where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question;
- Where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated; or
- With respect to individual requests for the correction or deletion of information, in cases where we are otherwise legally required to retain the personal information.
If you believe that you submitted inaccurate information to us through a form on our website, you can submit a revised request through the website. To request access to or correction of information (where you are unable to submit corrected information through our website), please send your request to
How may personal information collected through this website be disclosed?
- We may disclose information with your consent or as otherwise necessary or appropriate to process a transaction that you may request.
- We may disclose information that we collect through our websites with agents, affiliated businesses, and service providers providing services on our behalf.
- In the event that our company or some of our assets are sold or transferred or used as security or to the extent we engage in business negotiations with our business partners, the information collected on our websites, including this website, may be transferred to or shared with third parties as part of that transaction or negotiation.
- If we receive a request from law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individuals, we may provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose your personal information without a court order.
- We may use information you submit to investigate security breaches, misconduct, or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
- We may disclose information submitted through our website if we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to protect individuals or property, including disclosures for pipeline safety issues.
Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the website?
Colonial takes reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation, and destruction.
If you use this website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user ID and password or other access credentials that you may be provided. You should notify us immediately at [email protected] if any user ID and password or other access credentials we may issue you are compromised.
If I am using the website from outside the United States will information collected through the website be transferred to the United States?
This website is designed primarily for users from the United States. By using this website, users from other countries consent to the transfer of any personal or other information collected to the United States and housed on servers in the United States, and your information will be subject to use and disclosure in accordance with this Notice and applicable United States federal, state, and local law.
How do you comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
COPPA regulates the collection of personal information online from children under the age of 13. This website is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13 or to collect personal information from such users. We do not collect personal information from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and those under 13 should not submit any personal information through this website. If you become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us so that we can take appropriate action.
How will changes to this Notice be communicated?
If we make any material changes to this privacy notice, we will change the “last updated” date so that you can quickly determine whether there were material changes since the last time you reviewed the notice.