Our Safety Philosophy
highest priority is ensuring that day-to-day operations are safe for
employees, contractors, the general public, and the environment. We
believe that most accidents and injuries are preventable, which is why
we are relentlessly focused on continuously improving workplace
safety and asset integrity practices. Safety is the way we work, the
way we think, and the language we speak.
- We do not compromise safety to achieve any business objective.
- We build safety into the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of our facilities.
- We are accountable for our own personal safety and the safety of fellow employees, contractors, and the public.
- We ensure employees and contractors are trained and qualified to perform their work safely.
- We empower and encourage all employees and contractors to stop, correct, and report any unsafe condition.
- We only employ contractors who embrace Colonial Pipeline’s Safety Philosophy.
- We work closely with communities, local officials, and regulatory authorities to meet or exceed the highest safety standards.
commitment to protecting the public, our employees,
contractors, and the environment aligns seamlessly with the industry’s Pipeline Safety Management System, a comprehensive set of programs and processes that focuses on incident
prevention and promoting a strong culture of safety.
- Safety Management System
- 811 Call Before You Dig
- Internal Inspections (Smart Pigs)
- Line Replacement
- Aerial Patrols
Safety Data Sheets
In the event a product is released from any facility along the Colonial Pipeline system, responders, employees, contractors, and the general public have immediate access to information about exposure to specific products.
Below are links to Safety Data Sheets with the latest information about the products transported by Colonial Pipeline, as well as other materials to guide actions and help ensure public safety.